1965 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8 Mark III Convertible Numbers Matching!
Featured in the Austin-Healey Club of America 2010 Calendar!!
Here is a gorgeous and super desirable, 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 Mark III Convertible sports car that has had a rather extensive restoration. The actual mileage is 66,519 and it has approximately 14,000 miles on it since the restoration. It has won numerous show awards including second in the Conclave in Kingston, Canada. For all you Healey enthusiast it was featured on the 2010 Austin Healey Club Calendar for the month of December.
Numbers matching with heritage certificate.
A list of options as it is currently equipped is as follows:
- 178 Cu In (2912 cc) Overhead-Valve 150 Hp 6 Cylinder Engine
- 4-Spd Manual Transmission w/Overdrive
- 5 Chrome Knock-Off / stainless steel 60 spoke wire wheels with new Vredestein tires 185/70
- Front Disc Brakes
- Twin SU Carburetors
- Fuel system: Stainless steel gas tank, new fuel pump
- Rebuilt carbs polished, carb linkage chrome plated
- Stainless steel battery box
- Stainless steel exhaust with chrome tips
- Wiring harness replaced
- All gauges were rebuilt
- All electrical is in good working order.
- Additional fuse block on the inside fire wall for accessories.
- Badge bar with Lucas driving and fog lights
- Brakes and clutch systems were rebuilt and uses silicone fluid.
- New burled walnut dash
- New windshield, tourist trophy steering wheel.
- Restored trafficator.
- Vintage air was installed and is an air / heat system.
- Aluminum radiator and alternator
The VIN is: HBJ8L28096
Some of the unusual features from the factory are a steering column lock with ignition key, octagon wire wheel knock offs, 16 blade metal radiator fan and rare ideal brand side view mirror.
Paint and body work was done by Nationwide Auto Restoration and is: Glasurit base coat with Glasurit clear coat (year 2000). No filler, no rust, extremely straight body. Gray cove was by Nationwide in 2005 and interior, boot and top was done the same year by master upholstery Lee Williams. Interior is leather with piping to match the British Racing Green paint. Carpet is wilton wool gray in the cockpit and trunk.
All chrome was sent out to Bright Metals Corp. for double plated show chrome finish. When the engine was rebuilt I had the head built to accept unleaded gas. Smooth transmission and overdrive engages properly. Rebuilt suspension with heavy duty sway bar and heavy duty rebuilt original Armstrong shocks. This car is in excellent mechanical condition.
The fit and finish on this little cream puff is absolutely beautiful! The body is super straight. The finish was sanded and buffed to a high luster and looks great driving down the street as my photos show!
Austin-Healey convertibles are some of the most desirable and fastest appreciating sports and collector cars in the market today! The 3000 MK III is definitely the most sought after model! It's restored and ready for cruising or show! For $64,950
If you have any additional questions Please call 310-975-0272 or email with any questions! We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements.