1965 Austin-Healey BJ8
Please Call (310) 975-0272 or click here for more information.
Featured in the Austin-Healey Club of America 2010 Calendar!!
Here is a gorgeous and super desirable, 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 Mark III Convertible sports car that has had a rather extensive restoration. The actual mileage is 66,519 and it has approximately 14,000 miles on it since the restoration. It has won numerous show awards including second in the Conclave in Kingston, Canada. For all you Healey enthusiast it was featured on the 2010 Austin Healey Club Calendar for the month of December.
A list of options as it is currently equipped is as follows:
- 178 Cu In (2912 cc) Overhead-Valve 150 Hp 6 Cylinder Engine
- 4-Spd Manual Transmission w/Overdrive
- 5 Chrome Knock-Off / stainless steel 60 spoke wire wheels with new Vredestein tires 185/70
- Front Disc Brakes
- Twin SU Carburetors
- Fuel system: Stainless steel gas tank, new fuel pump
- Rebuilt carbs polished, carb linkage chrome plated
- Stainless steel battery box
- Stainless steel exhaust with chrome tips
- Wiring harness replaced
- All gauges were rebuilt
- All electrical is in good working order.
- Additional fuse block on the inside fire wall for accessories.
- Badge bar with Lucas driving and fog lights
- Brakes and clutch systems were rebuilt and uses silicone fluid.
- New burled walnut dash
- New windshield, tourist trophy steering wheel.
- Restored trafficator.
- Vintage air was installed and is an air / heat system.
- Aluminum radiator and alternator
Paint and body work was done by Nationwide Auto Restoration and is: Glasurit base coat with Glasurit clear coat (year 2000). No filler, no rust, extremely straight body. Gray cove was by Nationwide in 2005 and interior, boot and top was done the same year by master upholstery Lee Williams. Interior is leather with piping to match the British Racing Green paint. Carpet is wilton wool gray in the cockpit and trunk.
All chrome was sent out to Bright Metals Corp. for double plated show chrome finish. When the engine was rebuilt I had the head built to accept unleaded gas. Smooth transmission and overdrive engages properly. Rebuilt suspension with heavy duty sway bar and heavy duty rebuilt original Armstrong shocks. This car is in excellent mechanical condition.
The fit and finish on this little cream puff is absolutely beautiful! The body is super straight. The finish was sanded and buffed to a high luster and looks great driving down the street as my photos show!
Beverly Hills Car Club attempts to provide accurate information on the automobile listed above. The actual equipment may vary.
It is the customer's sole responsibility to verify the condition and existence of any equipment, options, accessories, descriptions and prices listed with a sales associate to assure accuracy. Prices subject to change without notice. Third party inspections are welcome and encouraged.
Please call the Beverly Hills Car Club sales department at (310) 975-0272 to discuss details of your next classic car purchase.
Be one of the first to get email notification when the vehicle you are looking for is added to our inventory.
Signing up for the Auto Locator Service gives you the inside track to our most up to date inventory and helps you find the vehicle you are looking for.
1966 Austin-Healey BJ8